...

...

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 29

10 days until 34 weeks
24 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 32 4/7 weeks

Not much news from the Burns household! We are holding steady, still pregnant and still on bedrest! I'm going on 4 weeks, which I didn't think ever get to, but sure am thankful that I have. I had an appointment with Dr. Kemper yesterday and everything looks ok. Since I was just checked on Thursday, she wanted to wait until next week to check again. Right now, I still continue to have contractions, but things haven't been a whole lot different than when I was in the hospital. Last Friday night when I got home was a different story, so I had to take my extra dose of Procardia that night, but haven't since. I'm fairly certain that once they take me off this Procardia, things will more than likely progress quickly. I take my doses at 10:00 and 4:00 and on a very regular basis, I start having more contractions about an hour before I need my dose. They've talked about taking me off around 34 weeks, but I may ask and see if we could push it off a week or so. Not really wanting to go into labor at 34 weeks again!! We'll see what they say!

Jack has adjusted fairly well to having me home. He's been good (for the most part) about making sure I stay in bed. Our first night was a bit interesting, as Jon had left for a bachelor party, and he wasn't really wanting Aunt Nikki or Oma to help put him to bed. I'm only allowed bathroom privileges, so getting up to help wasn't much of an option. Besides that night, he's done a great job!

Yesterday, when I got up in the morning to shower and get ready to go to the doctor, Jack was all confused about why I was out of bed. So I told him I had to go see Dr. Kemper and he got very clingy, crawling in my lap and not wanting to budge! Upon further questioning, he finally said, "But I don't want you to go back in the hospital." Smart little squirt! It took a bit to explain that I wouldn't be going to the hospital, just to an appointment. Needless to say, he was glad to see me in my bed when he got home.

While all of this seems like it's been so long, it feels like it was yesterday all at the same time. Every day is another blessing and we'll take all of them that God will grant us! Jon asked me a few days ago if I had any gut instinct about when this baby would arrive...I have none! Not even an inkling...and I sure wish I did! Somewhere between now and then next 59 days...yikes that seems like a long time since we've aleady done 29 days! I guess we'll have one big huge poll about when this baby will arrive...there's a lot of days to guess on!

Thanks for checking in and sending lots of prayers!!

Jon, Libby, Jackson and Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment