...

...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 25

14 days until 34 weeks
28 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 32 weeks

Well, we made it!! I am officially 32 weeks and am home! Yes, I got to come home...after my second betamethasone shot this morning, we headed out the door around 11:15. So now that we've gotten to 32 weeks, we set a new goal of 34 weeks! We are taking things week by week and figured short goals are easiest to attain, so we'll take it day by day.

Being home is wonderful, but almost bittersweet. It is difficult not being able to jump up and play with Jack and to just sit in bed. It's hard not being able to help him with this and leave absolutely every task to Jon. If Jack is misbehaving (which he does...come on, the kid's only 3 1/2), I can't get up and put him in time out. We all took a nap in our room today and he just wanted me to pick him up when he woke up and I can't. Those things are hard. But flip things around, and I'm home and am so thankful to be able to see Jack and Jon all of the time! Nikki took Jack over to the church parking lot across the street to ride bikes this afternoon. If I scoot to the end of my bed, I can see them and got to watch him ride his bike...and also could see him not have quite enough oomph to get up the little driveway and watch him roll backwards! Quite hilarious!! It's going to take a few days to get into a routine and for Jack to get used to these new restrictions and alterations to our life. But through all of this, we have learned so much about life, not taking advantage of things, not expecting anything, but thankful for the blessings we have received! One of my friends found this video on YouTube and it's pretty perfect!



Thank you again to all of you who have prayed and supported us! Without that, we wouldn't be where we are today. The rule of thumb is that babies have to be 36 weeks to go upstairs to the newborn nursery and skip the NICU. As much as we want 34 weeks, we would be absolutely thrilled with 36 weeks or longer! Please pray your hearts out for this one!! The only way I've been able to get this far is knowing what the consequences are of not staying calm...the NICU...a place that where our baby would have the absolute best care around, but at the same time, not where we'd ideally like to be. So please keep praying! Only 2 weeks of strict bedrest and then I will have fewer restrictions...if I can sit in a hospital for 25 days, I can do anything! After all, we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!!!
To every challenge life throws your way, remember that there are always blessings in disguise...no matter what the situation may be! Maybe it's people that you meet, lessons that you learn, or who knows what. But I challenge all of you, to look at every situation God puts you in and find any type of blessing you can look for, no matter how big or small it may be! I know that God blessed us with 4 more glorious weeks in this pregnancy, along with numerous nurses who listened and gave words of encouragment, reconnecting with old friends who are there to help and support us, as well as all of the friends who stopped by to show us their love and support, parents who are willing and able to help us, Nikki who has become Jack's psuedo-mom for a while...I could go on and on! Some people always think the world is out to get them and that nothing goes their way. Yes, those times are trying...Jon and I have been there and it is nothing fun! But even looking back, there were blessings, even through the worst of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment