Monday, March 30, 2009
Alright, so I FINALLY figured this slideshow out! Not sure I'll be able to do it again...This is the swingset adventure by Daddy and Opa! They started Saturday morning and finished Sunday around 2:30. It went faster than they were expecting and Jackson LOVES his swingset! After he woke up from his nap, we were all getting our shoes and coats on and he kept running back and forth from the sliding door to the living room saying "come" or "outside" over and over! Jon took him outside and he ran around the house as fast as his little legs could carry him and was SO excited!!! He figured out how to climb up the ladder and the little rock climbing wall so he could go down the slide all by himself!! When Jon put him in the swing, I'm not sure I've ever heard Jack laugh that hard!! I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time outside this spring and summer on that swing set! Best go get supper ready...come back soon for new pictures!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Well...Jack got his first shiner this weekend! For some reason, he was overly clumsy on Saturday! I don't know if it was because he was overly-tired (he decided to wake up around 7ish) or if it was something else, but man oh man, anytime we'd look, he was falling over or hitting his chin on something! Well, Jack and his rocking chair weren't having the best of days! His first injury happened when he fell backwards and landed on the arm of his chair...cut his tongue. His second injury he was playing behind the rocking chair, slipped and somehow hit his eye on the back...thus the lovely shiner! This picture doesn't even give it justice... Here's some pictures from our great weekend with Uncle Adam and Aunt Nikki!
Tackling Uncle Adam with his new puppy!
We walked over to the playground and Jack had a blast!! He had so much fun going down the slide over and over and over!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Jon went up to Marshall, MN tonight with Chuck, Heidi and Ben to go cheer on the Augustana Men's basketball team. If I know the story right, they're in the district championship and if they win this game, they'll advance to the National championship for our division. It's the farthest they've gotten since we've been there, so Jon was excited! Best go get supper on the table! Until next time...
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Things Jack has learned over the past few weeks
Playing "hoop" is one of the best things ever learned! Jackson could play hoop day and night. We pull into the driveway and he asks to play hoop. He has a hoop in the basement so will stand at the top of the stairs and ask for "hoop." His favorite thing to do is to have Daddy lift him high in the air so he can make a "hoop".
Jack has come to figure out that this is probably the only dog that he will ever have at this house...Grandpa got him this big dog for an early Easter present. It's soft and nice to lay on.
Cereal is Jack's new favorite breakfast food! He now eats it with milk!! He even woke up and asked for cereal this morning. He actually does really well with it...I expected more of a mess.
Jackson figured out how to climb up onto the window sill and watch for cars/buses/aunt nikki/puppies. He'll sit up there for 15 minutes just watching! Here he is going "night, night" but quickly sat up when a puppy walked by.
Salsa is Jack's new favorite snack. He eats it faster than anything else you put on his tray. As you can see, he eats it by the handful and asks for more! Most often, he doesn't use a chip with it...and if he does, it's to lick it off! Another favorite food...black beans...he ate almost an entire helping at Chili's this weekend!
Other things we've learned about Jack
- He can walk almost all the way from the elementary school back to our house. Today he refused to get in the stroller, so he walked almost all the way back!
- He now sleeps incredibly well at night...he goes down without even a fuss...when he wakes up, he wakes up happy (finally!) and will call out for Mommy...if she doesn't come right away, then he'll ask for Daddy.
- He hates the vacuum, but his little popper toy he calls his vacuum and hauls it all over the house.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is Jack's new favorite show. He'll wake up in the morning and ask for "mouse" and runs as fast as he can when he hears the hot dog dance come on!
- If you mention the word bath, Jack will run as fast as physically possible to get to the shower. He even pulls his pants down if he can.
- Playing peek-a-boo is one of his favorite activities. Whether we're at church, at a restaurant, in his high chair...he'll play it with anyone! Like right now, he is behind the screen of our laptop, peeking around the corner!
- Jack tries really hard to walk up and down the stairs like a big boy. He's learned to hold onto someones hand or hold onto the side.
- If someone is out for a walk, he is fully convinced that they have/should have a puppy with them.
- He now shakes his head no and says "uh-uh" to almost any question asked...the only question he doesn't say that to is if you ask him if he wants to take a bath.
- If he gets in trouble for something, he'll do the 'cry so hard you can't breathe' look...and be done in a few seconds. He'll also sign sorry and give you a kiss.
- We have 'First 100 Words' book...he can point out and identify probably 75% of the pictures. He also knows 16 body parts. He knows numerous animal sounds and if you ask him what a car says, he'll say beep beep.
- Jackson still LOVES to read books! He'll haul book after book to read over and over.
- If he gets an owie, he'll say owie over and over and until you kiss it for him.
- He now does "knucks" and not only does he do it, he'll say it too! He even does double "knucks" if you ask him to!
Jack goes in for his 18 month check up on Tuesday...come back soon to see how much he's grown! I'm anxious to see how much he weighs now...my guess is 24 lbs, but wouldn't be surprised if he's not there yet!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Daddy's picture skills aren't always the very best, but this is what he got without practically falling into the tub himself!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Jon said Jack just couldn't decide what he wanted Wednesday after his nap. He just sat in the chair for quite a while by himself...which isn't very common for him!
Friday, March 6, 2009
On a side note, I just had to upload this video for all of you American Idol fans out there! Nikki and I were watching it on Wednesday night and Jack would "dance" along to all of the songs! This is a new dance move that Jack just created a few weeks ago!
Also we wanted to wish Austin a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!! He's turning 7 and we hope he has a great day. Can't wait to see him again...hopefully soon!
Well it's off to bath time...enjoy the latest video. Hopefully the next update is a healthy kiddo!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
(that's Jack saying thanks for checking in on me!)
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Oma has Friday off of school, so she's coming up Thursday night and is going to watch Jack on Friday. Jon works late on Thursday and Friday, so it will be nice to have some company. Best get going...Jack went down for a nap and I have a bunch of things to get done! Check in soon...