...

...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 18

8 daysuntil 32 weeks
22 days until 34 weeks
36 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 30 6/7 weeks

It's another day in room 3507! Yesterday was a bit stressful, as the on-call doctor had a different plan than what we have created with Dr. VanEerden and Dr. Kemper. Caused some issues, lots of stress and a few too many tears, but things have been ironed out and are much better today. Our current plan is that since we had to increase the Procardia, we're going to keep things quiet for a week and then go home next Friday. Our goal has always been 32 weeks. After 32 weeks, there are fewer interventions that need to happen to help baby. Before 32 weeks, if labor starts, I can get Magnesium Sulfate to help slow down labor and more importantly, help protect baby's brain. The hard part is that this needs to be done about 2 days before delivery to be most effective. I talked with Dr. VanEerden today and while they don't think anything is going to happen in the next week (mainly since it hasn't happened yet), being here is what is best to get any of those necessary interventions if they are needed. This sounds completely off the wall, but one of my major concerns is myself...I don't really have the confidence in myself to know what consititutes going in. The first day, yes I noticed some bleeding, but didn't have anything else and everything was fine. Sunday, I get here, thinking absolutely nothing is different, only to find out that I had been contracting all day and my cervix was changing. I'm so scared that I won't know when I need to come in and that I'll be in every day, thinking something is going on, when nothing is OR that I'll notice something and not think it's important enough to come in...and then we'll miss the opportunity to do the MagSulfate and Monkey will have a tougher course than need be. So with all of those fears and worries, Dr. VanEerden was completely ok with one more week and then home, as long as my cervix has not changed. So there's the plan that we have! The procardia has slowed down my contractions, but I'm still having them here and there. They will check my cervix one last time before I go home next week and we will go from there.

I again have spent my day crocheting. I made a frog hat and another pink-girly hat today. I'm still having a hard time figuring out sizes and how to make patterns bigger, so I'm a bit nervous that the frog hat will be too big for Evan and the pink one will be too small for my friend's daughter...the downfall of not being able to have anyone except Jack try them on! I started a list of hats I want to make, so won't run out of ideas or projects to make! My nurse tonight even put in a request! Everyone keeps telling me to open an Etsy shop, which would be great, if I had any idea of what to price these at! I guess when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade!

Tomorrow is Friday which means another sleep over with Jackson! Can't wait to see him again and have him and Jon with me all night...to finally be a family again, even if it is confined to 4 walls at Sanford Hospital right now!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?ref=auto&q=crochet+baby+hats

    Looks like $12 on the low end, $30 on the high end for selling hats for babies. Plus shipping, which I think is generally extra!

    ReplyDelete