...

...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 22

3 days until 32 weeks
17 days until 34 weeks
31 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 31 4/7 weeks

Here we are at Day 22! I've had two of my nurses whom I've had a few times both come and tell me they're so glad to see me still pregnant...not sure if I take that as a good thing or not! Are they surprised that I still am because when I got here, they didn't think I'd get that far or what?? I'm just glad to also be pregnant and still cooking this little Monkey!

The last two evenings have been a bit interesting. I'm currently on 20 mg of Procardia, to help keep these contractions slowed and under control. Well, needless to say, for some reason, around 4:30 (even after a 4:00 dose of procardia!) my contractions have started up again and things stay consistent until after my 10:00 dose. Kind of confusing!! Like I mentioned a few days ago, they put me on the monitor and my contractions were about 5-6 minutes apart...a bit scary if you ask me, but thank goodness, they slowed down soon enough! Well, to have this happen two days in a row makes me a bit nervous!! I keep asking if this is alright and they keep telling me that as long as they slow down, it's alright. I keep having to remind myself that they do this every day and they know when to get excited and change things up! I talked with Dr. Boyle this morning and we decided that we would keep the Procardia at 20 mg at the 4:00 dose and if the contractions keep up, then we will do a 10 mg dose between the 4:00 and 10:00 dose. Hopefully that keeps things under control and nothing exciting happens. The plan is to do another cervical check on Thursday and if nothing has changed, then home. If my cervix is more dilated or thinner (effaced), then that may change the plan. I asked today if I was dilated to 2 cm would that be enough to stay or ok to go home...couldn't really get a straight answer so my guess is that it would be check in a couple days and if it's still the same, then home. So cross our fingers and say lots of prayers that everything is the same, things are stable and I will be home on Friday. We are now almost to 32 weeks, which puts my mind at huge ease and what happens is okay from here. It may mean delivering early, but it may mean that God will grant us 4 more weeks and things will turn out as I imagined. Time will tell!

Jon, Jack and my mom came up tonight and we had supper. Jack is slowly learning that things are different for us right now. He was playing with his friend, Blythe, today and she was going swimming. When I called at 5:30 to see where they were, he was in tears because he really wanted to go swimming too. So after some major persuading and a little improvising, my whirlpool tub quickly became a swimming pool...problem diverted (for now!). I had started yet another hat today and Jon announced that it may be his favorite. So he got curious and laid all of them out. The grand total right now is 24 hats, 2 pairs of mittens, a scarf, and a pair of shoes...and I have quite a few days to go! Wonder how many it will be in the end!! Whatever will keep this baby in, will be fine with me! Jon has requested golf covers for Jack's clubs, so I'm going to try and tackle that in the next few days!!

Please pray for stability for Thursday and that contractions stay under control. So far tonight, things have been somewhat quiet...we'll see if that trend continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment