...

...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 6

20 days until 32 weeks

34 days until 34 weeks

48 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 29 1/7 weeks

Same story...different day. I'm still having contractions here and there, but nothing consistent. Both Jon and I are anxious for Monday to get here so we can see if there has been any more dilation or thinning at all. We're praying for neither...anything steady and stable would be good. The biggest concern is that I'm not feeling the contractions every time they  happen. You'd think it wouldn't really be questionable, but at this stage in pregnancy, it is! Talk about frustration...I feel fine and then they tell me I had a few when I was on the monitor...oops, didn't notice those! That's really what is buying us our time in the hospital. We'll know more on Monday if there is a possibility of going home or not.  

Last night, Jon and Jack spent the night with me. It was so nice to finally have our family in one place for an entire night. While 6 days isn't all that long, it feels like an eternity all at the same time. Especially when it comes to our family and being together. Jack was excited to come up last night for our sleepover. He brought his sleeping bag and slept next to my bed. We watched Toy Story 3 and then went to bed. It took a little while for him to get settled, but I think he'll do better tonight. I reminded him that he needs to bring some of his movies from home, as there are only a few cartoons on the free movie list! Hopefully we all get a bit more sleep tonight.

The highlight of my day was getting to go outside for a while. Dr. MacNamara (one of the other perinatologists) gave me the go ahead for wheelchair rides a few times per day. We took Jack over to the front yard of the castle to run around. They have a nice path with big circles and squares to run around. He played at the fountain for a while. It was just a huge blessing to get some sunshine and fresh air...even if it was only for about 45 minutes. It'll be hard to see nice weather outside and not be able to enjoy it! A few days a week will be nice though! While I can tolerate these 4 walls, Jack has some troubles, rightfully so! It's a lot to ask a 3 1/2 year old to entertain himself and play in the confinements of a hospital room. I'm grateful that they'll let me go outside so he can burn off some energy.

Hopefully tomorrow is another boring day for us. Please continue to pray for our family and this growing miracle. We need all of the prayers we can get!! Thanks for checking in.

Jon, Libby, Jackson and Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment