...

...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 13

13 days until 32 weeks
27 days until 34 weeks
41 days until 36 weeks

Currently: 30 1/7 weeks

We're almost down to single digits to meet our first goal of 32 weeks!! And we can't even begin to explain how much of a thrill that is for us. When I was put in the hospital 13 days ago, I didn't really have the confidence that we'd make it to 30 weeks, and here we are!! There has been such a huge sigh of relief to have made it even 2 more weeks!! I know I've said it before, but every single day that we get is a huge blessing. As much as people think even 1 day won't make a difference, it isn't true. Each day, each hour for that matter, is a blessing!

Our latest Monkey portrait

We are at the point of being "boring" as the doctors say. Boring is good in the medical world! Boring means stable. So far, things have stayed somewhat stable. I had a cervical length done yesterday and that stayed the same at 7 mm. From now on, we will stop checking cervical lengths, as it is not very accurate anymore, since we're down to single digits for measurements. I mean, we're talking millimeters here, so hard to be exact!! From here on out, things will be based on my symptoms and such. So if I start having more contractions on a consistent, rhythmic pattern, then we'll see if my cervix is dilating more. The hard part is not letting curiosity get the best of me. I've stayed stable at 1 cm dilated, but they haven't checked me for almost a week. It's hard not knowing if there have been changes, but the problem is that if they check too often, it can irritate the cervix and start labor...not really where we want to be! So right now, we are sitting tight. The plan that I've heard is staying here until 32 weeks and then going home on bedrest after that. Although, I've also heard if I have another week of stability, then home sooner. Hard to say what will happen. I'm still having contractions here and there, but nothing exciting. We're hoping to keep it that way!! As I've mentioned before, I've kept myself busy with projects! I finally figured out how to upload pictures from my phone, so here are a few of my favorites!
 

We're hoping that there can be many more projects created before this little Monkey arrives! People keep joking that I should start selling them, which isn't out of the realm of possibilities. So now we have a contest among the nurses who can come up with the most creative name. I'm in room 3507, so they keep trying to incorporate that into it! Any suggestions?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment