...

...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

28 weeks

Well...28 weeks before a scare is pretty good I guess! Nothing to panic about, everything is fine, just need closer monitoring now. If you don't like details, then don't keep reading please! I went to the bathroom yesterday afternoon and had a streak of blood. Now, I normally wouldn't panic about a small streak of blood, but this is exactly what happened when I started dilating and went into labor with Jack...so at 28 weeks, kinda scared me a bit!! I talked with my perinatologist (high risk OB doctor) and he wanted me to go in and get checked out just because of my history. Unfortunately Jon was golfing in a tournament (luckily in Brandon), but fortunately Nikki was home, so we ran Jack over to Erica's and headed into the hospital. I got checked in and the resident came and did an exam. Thank the Lord, my cervix was still closed. It looked like I had an infection of some sort and that's what caused a little bit of bleeding. They also checked a fetal fibronectin, which is a protein that can detect if you're going to go into labor and that was negative, which is good. She talked with Dr. VanEerden and he wanted them to do an ultrasound to check a cervical length (same thing I've been doing every 2 weeks). That's where things got interesting. I've been sitting around 26-30mm for my cervical length and yesterday, they got 22 mm....big change!! Dr. VanEerden had said if it went below 25mm, then that would mean steroid shots (to help boost the baby's lungs). So needless to say, I'll be getting 3 IM injections this weekend.  Two betamethasone (steroid) shots and my progesterone shot. So there's the scoop...Monkey looks really good and was active, cervix was closed, but just in case, we're doing the steroids to be cautious. I have another ultrasound on Monday and that may or may not result in bedrest. Please pray that my body will allow for Monkey to stay inside a LOT longer!! Every day/week from here on out is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment