...

...

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 51

3 more days until 36 weeks
  
Currently: 35 4/7 weeks

Here we are...almost 36 weeks!! I never thought in my right mind that I would get this far. And now...who knows how long it will be!! Last Wednesday, we went in because I was having contractions every 6-7 minutes apart, majorly uncomfortable...similar to Jack's start. Yeah...nothing...contractions weren't doing anything. So continue on the Procardia and keep plugging away! Fast forward to today and I'm off the Procardia. I wasn't having contractions at all by Friday so took myself off on Saturday (yeah, yeah...bad patient, I know!). Haven't had anything since then either. Sigh...this baby definitely has his/her own ideas about his/her arrival!! I'm completely ecstatic about making it to 36 weeks because now Jack is even closer to getting to meet his brother/sister rather than waiting for him/her to get out of the NICU. But all at the same time, it's been a really long 7 weeks staying in bed with nothing. I assumed that I'd go off the Procardia and boom, things would happen...nope! I've been getting up a bit more, just to get my stamina back up. I can't wait to get to Friday so I can be up more! As of 36 weeks, I will be off bedrest!! Dr. Kemper wants me up and about for 1 week and then if I'm still pregnant, at 37 weeks, I get to go back to work. Dr. Sanders (the doc I work for) will be VERY excited about that...even if it's only for a few days/weeks.

I had an appointment with Dr. McNamara (perionatologist) today and everything looks good. We had an ultrasound to check Monkey's growth and it looked good. They measured baby's head a tad bit on the small side, but the head was hard to measure because Monkey is head down and down fairly far. (My mom feels like I've dropped a bit...as do I...it doesn't take as much effort to get out of bed like it did before!). They measured him/her at around 4 lbs 11 oz, which is surprisingly smaller than Jack! Although, I always measured a few weeks ahead with Jack and this baby measures a bit behind. My next appointment with Dr. Kemper is next Tuesday. There's a lot that can happen...and a lot that may not happen in the next week! We'll see!! As long as I make it to 36 weeks, I'd be A-OK for this babe to make his/her grand entrance into the world at any time! All of the docs keep joking that I'll have to be induced...not my idea of a funny joke! Although, my cervix is already thinned out, so it may not take much to go into labor. Who knows...God certainly has a plan for this babe and isn't giving us any sort of clue what that is! Here's to making it 3 more days and no NICU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment