...

...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 54

FREEDOM DAY!!!

Currently: 36 weeks

We have officially made it!!!! Today marks 36 weeks...a true blessing for us! We no longer HAVE to go to the NICU (although, I'm not gonna lie...at 36 weeks, babies still end up there because they kind of cop-out on feedings and then blood sugars drop...but some do fine!) My dream of watching Jack round the corner in his big brother t-shirt may actually come true!! I know I've said it a million times, but who would have ever thought we'd get this far?!? I certainly did not!! And I am so thankful, grateful, ecstatic, thrilled, pleased and feeling very accomplished that it did happen. Now we're down to what regular pregnancies deal with...the waiting game! Wondering if that one contraction is the start or if it was just another braxton-hicks tease. I finally get to experience what other women feel and have a "normal" end to my pregnancy.

Now that I'm officially off bedrest, I have one more week until I can go back to work. Dr. Kemper wanted me up and around (and make sure that doesn't put me into labor) for at least a week before heading back. And boy do I have plans for this week! My mom is still here so we are going to paint Jack's room. Something I've wanted done before the baby arrived, so here we go!! We're heading to Menard's today to get paint and get things started. Let the nesting begin! (Even if it is Jack's room and not the baby's! That'll come after!).

Thank you for all of the prayers and support and everything else that went with these last 54 days! Hopefully there won't be too many more posts before Monkey arrives!!



No comments:

Post a Comment