...

...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 17

Week 17 is upon us! Over the last week, I thought maybe the puking was going to stop as I went 2 days without the fun, but no such luck...came back in full force last night and seems like today will be a repeat.  :(  Monkey's acrobats are definitely becoming more distinct now, which is a lot of fun. Jack is convinced that he can see Monkey moving around when we're getting ready for bed. I keep telling him it's just Mommy breathing, but he still thinks it's Monkey. Jack is so excited to be a big brother...every night at bedtime, he lifts up my shirts, lays his little head on my belly and says his prayers and sweetly as can be. Then he talks to Monkey for a while, gives kisses and rubs my belly.

Next Monday is our big ultrasound, which I'm super duper excited about. We can't wait to take another peak at Monkey and watch the acrobats that I've been feeling! We'll get to do a 4D ultrasound, which is really cool to see. Sanford (our hospital) is doing a research study, called Safe Passage, to study prenatal care and SIDS. I got chosen for this study and it certainly is interesting! They asked everything from how much macaroni and cheese I ate the month before I got pregnant to when was your last alcoholic drink prior to conception and what was it.  Odd to say the least and hard to remember! One of the bonuses to this study is some extra ultrasounds throughout...I can certainly answer some odd questions if we get extra peaks of Monkey! After the baby is born, they will do some extra hearing tests, watch brain waves and movements...also random, but we know this research study will do some good!

Well...the brownies I made are calling my name, along with the mint oreo ice cream! The only benefit to all of this puking is minimal weight gain so far...my sweet tooth is thankful for that right now, I guess!  Until next week!!

Here's the pics we've taken of Monkey's growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment