...

...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's Baby Time!

I guess it's time to make the official post!  Jackson is excited to announce that he's going to be a big brother in August!!!  My official due date is my best friend's birthday...August 5th!  So yes, everyone's curiosity about why we are moving is correct...we need another bedroom!  Jackson is extremely excited!  The night that we told him, he did his nervous/excited giggle for like 2 or 3 minutes straight!  And then it was right into talking to the baby, giving the baby kisses, singing songs to the baby...over and over.  I had an early ultrasound that Jack got to come along for.  All he said was, "it looks like a little monster."

Overall, I've been feeling OK...well, scratch that idea.  I've puked almost every single day since about 8 weeks...7 weeks of getting sick every night is not my idea of fun, but what do you do!  It's all a part of making a miracle I guess.  I've tried different meds and nothing seems to do the trick.  My doctor gave me something else to try and said it might cause some drowsiness...HAHA!!  I felt like I had taken a horse tranquilizer!  I took it at 5:30 and was dead asleep on the couch at 7:30 and didn't even move until 10:30 when Jon woke me up to go to bed...and then slept until my alarm went off!  So scratch that one off the list!  Other than getting sick almost every day, I've felt pretty good.  Hopefully it continues that way!

Now because Jackson decided to make an early arrival, it bought me a visit with a perinatologist (a doctor who specializes in taking care of high risk pregnancies).  Lucky me, starting at 18 weeks, I'll get to be doing progesterone shots.  If anyone knows me extremely well, I HATE shots and HATE needles!  Oh well, it's all a part of pregnancy I guess!  Jon will be learning how to administer these and he's been given 1 warning...if he doesn't do a very good job....I'm finding someone at work to give them!  I'm sure it'll be fine...I'm just not looking forward to it at all!!  I'll also be getting ultrasounds every other week to check my cervical length.  They don't know when I actually started with preterm labor with Jack, so we're being extra cautious this time.  We're not planning on finding out what gender this little being is until he/she arrives, so hopefully with that many ultrasounds....it stays a secret! 

Come back often to see how things are going...with this going on, I'm hoping to be better at updating our blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment