...

...

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What a week!

Yikes...what a week at the Burns house! Last Monday started with Kenzi's 15 month check up. Man oh man, I'm starting to wonder if this girl will ever tip the 20 lb mark!! She was only 19 lbs 3 oz. I guess the heavy whipping cream and Carnation Instant Breakfasts aren't doing the trick. On the flip side, I guess she's 60% for height! Who would have guessed that one?!?! Whenever I take Kenzi in, the nurses always do the hash at the head, hash at the feet and measure the marks on the paper. Not exactly accurate...coming from a clinic that puts all of the nurses through a competency evaluation regarding getting accurate heights and weights. So I did what I hate asking for...I asked that they get the length board out and do it that way. I held her head, we pulled her out straight and sure enough, the girl is 31" long! Jack hasn't ever been over 20% for anything, so I was very surprised to see that this was right! Three vaccines later and we were out the door.

Fast forward to Halloween..fun times by both Burns kiddos! I couldn't get a decent picture of these two kiddos if my life depended on it!


And then Thursday night came...I had practice for the contemporary band at church and came home around 8:30. Jon and I sat down to relax and then I heard it. The barking coming from Kenzi's room. That, my friends, is a cough indicative of croup. *sigh* So needless to say, neither Kenzi nor myself got any sleep that night. At 12:15, when she had been up 4 times, I threw her in bed with us...only to have her literally sleep on top of me. And she still woke up every hour barking away. So I headed to work on Friday morning to do clinic and Jon worked from home. We took both in to see Dr. Wallace and yup, it's croup. So one steroid shot later, we headed home. She did pretty good over the weekend, but still not awesome for sleep. She's on the mend and I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep soon!

And the funny of the week: Jack and his flu shot.

If any of you know Jack, he HATES shots. About as much as his mom does. He's been talking about his flu shot since last year. He's already worried about his next round of vaccines...which doesn't happen for another 5 or 6 years! So needless to say, when we told him he was going to get his flu shot, it didn't go over well. The nurse brings it in. Jack goes ballistic. Jon holds him on his lap, yet the tears continue. Our nurse gives it and Jack announces (in between sobs) "That didn't even hurt a little bit!" Good deal...so maybe we won't have a fit about it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment