...

...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm terrible about updating this! My goal for this year is to make this our family journal..to make it our place for the quick stories, the funny sayings, and all of the new experiences this year will be creating for us!

In exactly 4 days, our lives with change immensely. No, we are not moving. No, neither Jon nor myself will be starting a new job. The big change...Jack will be heading to school and our lives will completely change! Our lives will no longer be "free as a bird" for traveling, hanging out, having late nights. Nope, that all changes now. We will now have to consult the school calendar when making any plans. We will have to coordinate appointments for after school or before school. We have a kindergartner (well, technically junior kindergarten) now.

And you'd think the most nervous person in the family would be Jack...but it's not. I'd have to say the most nervous person would be me. I have been fine all summer long...until tonight. I honestly feel like I could vomit! We had Jack's open house today. We met his teacher (who seems awesome and energetic), checked out his classroom, found his locker. Did all of the things we were supposed to (at least I sure hope so...we're rookies here!) but now I'm feeling incredibly unsettled and nervous. My stomach is in knots. I feel like I could puke and it's only Thursday! Not sure what really triggered it. Maybe it was the large amount of people that were there, maybe it was the fact that I still haven't met the principal of this school, maybe it's the fact that my little (almost) 5 year old is now going to have major responsibilities...I don't know. But the one thing I do know, is that I am a nervous wreck!! Nervous that Jack won't find his way to his classroom. Nervous that he won't speak up when he needs to. Nervous that he'll be in the principals office within the first week (let's admit it...the kid is no angel...it's certainly a possibility!) Nervous that he won't get back to daycare after school. Nervous that he'll get overwhelmed and scared. Nervous that everything we've done in the last 5 years won't be enough. Not sure exactly...but there will be lots of prayers between now and Monday that things will go smoothly and settle these Mommy nerves that are going berserk right now!!

So there's a secret activity that's going to be happening that I'd never in my right mind think I would ever be a part of...and you'll hear all about it...just not today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment