...

...

Sunday, August 19, 2012

There's a first time for everything!

So yesterday, I participated in something I never, EVER expected myself to! A group of us from work put a team together and ran the 5K MudChug. Talk about terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time!! I forgot more like just didn't get around to it to train for this wonderful event and figured I wouldn't probably make it through any of the obstacles! I had three goals for this:
1. Don't hurt myself.
2. Don't fall.
3. Don't cry.
And I can proudly say that I accomplished all three goals!! Now, it took a while to get done, but hey, it wasn't about the time at this point!
There were 15 obstacles to get through, which included 2 straight 15' walls, 2- 15' inclined walls to get up and over, a nasty lake to wade through and climb over a wall halfway, a balance beam over ice water, an ice bath, lots of muddy muddy hills to climb up, a slip-n-slide and a barbed wire (which thankfully didn't have the sharp parts!) thing to army crawl through. There was only one obstacle that I couldn't quite do, simply because my arm strength was done after climbing 4 different walls! It was a high/low climbing walls thing. The high walls were about up to my chest and it just wasn't happening! I did go over all the low walls though!

A few of us ended up getting separated from our group, as someone had gotten hurt and the nurse in us couldn't leave until a medic arrived. Needless to say, it took an inappropriately long amount of time to get someone there, so we didn't finish with our group.

After all of that, my body was done! I was completely exhausted...slept for a few hours and am sorer than I've ever been in my whole life!! I'm fairly sure labor was easier than this...and not as long either! Everything from my neck to my ankles aches...muscles I didn't even know existed, hurt! And simple things like doing dishes...didn't know how many ab muscles were involved in wiping a dish! YIKES!! Tonight is a tidge better, but still not fun. Bring on the Icy Hot!!

Here's a slide show of pics. They're not all in order, since some are my mom's and some are from my camera! Jack slipped right when he got there and who, in their right mind, can keep an almost 5 year old boy out of the mud?!?! He went to take a picture with me after and his shoes sunk into the mud and when Nikki went to pick him up, off came the shoe! He had a great time, especially since he was allowed to play in mud with no consequences!!

School starts tomorrow...so they'll be lots of pics to come along with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment