...

...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

...and the verdict is...

Well...change the verdict folks, Jack has RSV!! We sent off Jack's DFA to be cultured, since it was negative and, sure enough, I got a call from Acute Care on Thursday and his culture grew RSV. So now we're onto albuterol nebs (which he hates) and trying to keep his fever under control. Today is the first day since Tuesday that he hasn't run a fever...horray!!! Today is the first day he seems more like himself, but he still has quite the cough going on. He hasn't been sleeping the best, but it's not entirely his fault. Every day, either Jon or myself has to get up and go to work. Most nights this week, he has ended up in our bed because he wakes up coughing. Well if one warm body leaves, this wakes our little guy and he's up for the day! Not so cool when it's 6:00 (or earlier). We haven't been able to get him to go back to sleep, so he's a little tired. Naps have been average, but today he's perking up!

A quick Jack story...today I asked him what he wanted for lunch and his response (everyday this week) has been pizza! So I asked him if frozen pizza was okay (since I've made pizza a few times already) and his innocent face looked up at me and said, "No Mommy, I want hot pizza." Ahh...the innocence of children!

No comments:

Post a Comment